Nestled behind the historic Saloon, Smiley’s hotel is a great place to stay if you love live music and the eclectic energy of a community watering hole. Our rooms are simple, clean and comfortable. Every room has new eco-friendly mattresses, organic linens, EO bath products and a private bathroom with shower. A short walk from the beach, Smiley’s is a place to unplug, relax, and dive into some fun times in the heart of a unique, funky little beach town. Our rooms do not have telephones or TV’s and the internet and cell phone access in Bolinas are typically poor.
- Large Room 1: Two Queen Beds
- Large Room 2: One Queen, One Day Bed w/ Trundle ( = 2 Singles)
- Large Room 3: Two Queen Beds
- Regular Rooms 4, 5, 6: One Queen Bed
How to book a room at Smiley’s:
- Book instantly online! When using web-based booking, please double check that the dates you desire are the dates that you enter into the search form.
- Visit our listings on Airbnb
- Book by phone: 415-881-1851
- Drop by for the Surfer Special! Same day drop-in rates range from $100 – $165 per night plus tax. Available on a first-come, first-served basis in person at the Saloon. We cannot hold rooms or take advance requests for Surfer Special rooms, but you can call the Saloon to check same-day availability after 3pm: 415-868-1319.
- Friday, Saturday & Holidays:
- Regular Rooms: $175 plus tax
- Large Rooms: $225 plus tax
- Sunday & Thursday nights:
- Regular Rooms: $155 plus tax
- Large Rooms: $200 plus tax
- Mid-Week Mon, Tues, Wed Specials:
- Regular Rooms: $135 plus tax
- Large Rooms: $175 plus tax
Rooms are non-smoking. Pets are welcome ($20/pet/per night).
Check-In is 3:00 pm. Check-Out is 11:00 am.
We welcome guest feedback. Please click here to share your compliments, suggestions, questions, or complaints.
Some recent reviews from our guests:
Alexander, June 2018 said “Smiley’s is a very special place – rooms set back in a tropical jungle of lovely plants, felt like a beach cabana. Awesome hammock just outside rooms. Slightly rough around the edges, but in a charming way. Loved the saloon and live music on the premises, and laid back speed of Bolinas. Bartender was the one to handle check-in, and he was super friendly. Very unique experience I’d recommend to anyone.”
Peter, May 2018 said “The rooms are decorated thoughtfully and with a design flair, not reflective of the somewhat spartan, simple exterior. Our Room #6 was cute, clean, and comfortable. The setting of Smiley’s in the heart of town makes this the ideal “social anthropologist’s” site if you want to get the true Bolinas gestalt. It is a night we won’t forget! A very minor point for guests to know is that if you’re sensitive to noise loud music, there is late night noise from the bar.”
Read many more reviews on our Airbnb listing page.